B&P Littleford delivers high-quality, long-lasting elastomer compounding & industrial rubber mixing equipment. B&P Littleford's batch and continuous mixers and Trivolution compounders are expertly engineered, skillfully crafted, and rigidly tested to your exacting specifications to process and mix rubber, elastomers and rubber compounds of all kinds. Contact us today to learn more.
What are elastomers?
Elastomers are dimensionally stable, but elastically changeable plastics. Elastomers change under load pressure, then return to their original shape.
Usually, elastomers are produced on internal mixers or rolling mills. But limitations such as storage times and inconsistency between batches make continuous processing in compounding a better option.
B&P Littleford’s rubber compounding equipment can provide uniform process conditions and improve product consistency.
Providing the Products You Need
B&P Littleford Carbon Paste Continuous Kneaders (CK-CP Kneaders) are ideal for proficiently and precisely rubber, elastomers, silicone and fluoroelastomers.
- Precise temperature control
- Gently mix high proportions
- Inject liquid ingredients directly into process zone
- Deliver maximum throughput
- Provide consistent mixing
- Equipped with efficient mixing mechanism
- Segmented system design means minimal tear-down required for maintenance or part replacement
- Peak shear rate lower than other compounders
- Operates at comparatively lower internal pressure
- Uniformity of temperature, pressure and narrow residence time distribution
- Greater surface area, more free volume and higher specific torque capability
- Total shear strain is controllable by adding or removing pins and flights
- Ability to measure melt temperature or inject liquids at any point along the process
- Efficient self-wiping mixing mechanism
B&P Littleford’s Continuous Kneaders are available in a wide range of screw sizes and include an array of features:
- Screw sizes from 30 mm to 300 mm with process lengths ranging from 8 to 20 L/D
- Compact high-performance gearbox, capable of screw speeds up to 750 rpm.
- Cored screw shaft option for fluid tempering.
- Electric heating and water cooling (standard) or fluid cooling (optional)
- Customized supporting equipment available include top feeders, side feeders, vacuum vent stuffers, vacuum connection chute, melt pump, discharge extruders and die face pelletizer
- Easy to clean split barrel results in faster product changeover
B&P Littleford’s mixers are available in a wide range of sizes and configurations to meet your exact processing needs: From small-scale laboratory mixers for precision to 1,000-gallon mixers for mass production.
The Double Arm/Sigma Blade Mixer is simple to operate, easy to clean, and incudes a wide range of features that can be customized to meet your exacting carbon paste mixing specifications:
- Available in laboratory sizes and production sizes up to 900 gallons
- Sturdy stainless steel construction with required polish
- Spray injection
- Easy to clean shaft seals
- Direct shaft mount drives
- Variable speed motors
- Computerized controls
- ASME jackets for cooling and heating
- Cored agitators for enhanced product temperature control
- Tilt or valve discharge
- Full vacuum operation
- Vacuum equipped packing glands
B&P Littleford Horizontal Plow Mixer creates fluid mixing action. The mixing tools project and hurl material away from a wall into free space in a crisscross direction, and inversely back again. The plow separates and lifts the product in a three-dimensional motion, while the number and arrangement of the tools insure agitation back and forth along the length of the vessel.
The size, number, geometric shape, arrangement, and peripheral speed of the mixing tools are designed to achieve this mixing action for each specific application. When required, the mix action is assisted by high shear chopper devices: independent high-speed motors with customized blades for adding shear to the product mix.
The Horizontal Plow Mixer also features:
- Large doors allow full interior access
- CIP/SIP hardware options available
- "Easy Clean" design available for batch or continuous material mixing
- Split seal assembly
- No special cleaning or maintenance tools required
- Bearings and drive components not disturbed during cleaning
Use the Horizontal Plow Mixer for:
- Gum Rubber
With its unique and innovative design, B&P Littleford’s TriVolution® Compounder offers excellent dispersive and distributive mixing without damaging critical ingredients.
B&P Littleford’s TriVolution® Compounder reciprocates the process screw three times for every one revolution. Flights interact with pins in the barrel much in the same way a continuous kneader does. Its controlled shear with enhanced material exposure also works well for devolatilization and reactive processing.
The TriVolution Compounder is:
- High performing
- Energy efficient
- Cost effective
- Uniquely designed, allows for faster mixing
Delivering the Service You Deserve
- More than 100 years’ industry experience
- Quality parts and service
- Professional, knowledgeable staff
- Top-notch testing facilities
Get in touch today.