Mineral Centrifuge Separator
Want more ore?
Want an efficient way to discover the treasure and discard the debris?
Whatever your mineral processing needs, B&P Littleford designs, develops and delivers durable, reliable mining separation technology for the demanding requirements of this industry.
B&P Littleford’s mineral centrifuge separators and mixers are expertly engineered, skillfully crafted and rigidly tested to meet your exacting specifications and to withstand the most challenging mining applications. Contact us today.
High-performing, low-maintenance centrifuge equipment is critical in the mining industry. Mineral centrifuge separators:
- Reduce thermal drying and other processing costs
- Increase separation efficiency for particles of all sizes
- Reduces waste with optimized separation
- Boost capacity
- Reduce tailings volumes
- Saves space
- Increases recovery of water, chemicals, and minerals
Providing you the equipment you need
B&P Littleford’s high-quality separators and mixers are specifically designed for the most demanding mineral and mining processing. B&P Littleford’s separators produce high yields, minimize environmental impacts and lower operating costs. They are also:
- Easy to operate
- Environmentally compliant
- Energy efficient
- Cost effective
For more information regarding our mining separation technology, request a quote!
Minerals Applications & Equipment
B&P’s Podbielniak® Contactor (POD®) is a horizontal axis liquid-liquid centrifugal extractor that processes liquids for accelerated solvent extraction. The two main functions of this machine are liquid-liquid separation and the liquid-liquid extraction process through counter-current flow.
Use the POD to process:
B&P’s Podbielniak® Contactor (POD®):
- Reliable: POD® has been in service for more than 60 years
- Runs smoothly: Uses a dual bearing lubrication system - one for normal operation, one for flush cleaning
- Durable: Lower operating rpm means rotating parts last longer
- Easy to clean: Rotor elements use Asco tubes and Ferralium alloy liners
- Sturdily construction: Made of 316 stainless steel. Non-contact parts and attachments in 304 stainless steel and chrome
B&P Littleford's Pusher Centrifuges (liquid-solid separation centrifuges) relentlessly separate coarse solids from free-draining crystalline slurries in the most extreme conditions. The impressive reliability record for Pusher Centrifuges is grounded in its sound design, precise engineering, and top-grade construction.
Pusher Centrifuges are developed and manufactured for standard products but can be customized for special or difficult solid separation applications.
In mining, use the Pusher Centrifuge for:
- Sodium Sulfate Anhydride
- Magnesium Sulfate
- Epsom Salt
- Ferrous Sulfate
- Zinc Sulfate
- Copper Sulfate
- Sodium Carbonate
- Rock Phosphate
- Rock Salt
- Sea Salt
- Boric Acid
B&P Littleford Pusher Centrifuges feature:
- Single-piece reversible wedge-slot screen that efficiently separates solids and liquids
- Screen supported by a centrifugally cast, milled-slot cage basket
- Heavy-duty bearings carry the main hollow shaft, which drives the basket
- Belt-driven hydraulic pump for energy efficiency, safety and reliability
- Internal, self-contained hydraulic piston driving the pusher shaft
- Rugged base provides rigid support for the entire rotating assembly
- Cooling coils that maintain the hydraulic system temperature at optimum levels
B&P Littleford Horizontal Plow Mixer creates fluid mixing action. The mixing tools project and hurl material away from the wall into free space in a crisscross direction, and inversely back again. The plow separates and lifts the product in a three-dimensional motion, while the number and arrangement of the tools insure agitation back and forth along the length of the vessel.
In mining, use the Horizontal Plow Mixer for:
- Iron Ore
- Ferric oxide
- Calcium carbonate
The size, number, geometric shape, arrangement, and peripheral speed of the mixing tools are designed to achieve this mixing action for each specific application. When required, the mix action is assisted by high shear chopper devices: independent high-speed motors with customized blades for adding shear to the product mix.
The Horizontal Plow Mixer also features:
- Large doors allow full interior access
- CIP/SIP hardware options available
- "Easy Clean" design available for batch or continuous material mixing
- Split seal assembly
- No special cleaning or maintenance tools required
- Bearings and drive components not disturbed during cleaning
Specific Mining Applications & Related Equipment
|Sodium Sulfate Anhydride||Pusher|
|Iron Ore||Plow Mixer|
|Ferric Oxide||Plow Mixer|
|Calcium Carbonate||Plow Mixer|
Partial application list. Please contact us to discuss your application in more detail.
Delivering the service you deserve
- More than 100 years of industry experience
- Quality parts and service
- Professional, knowledgeable staff
- Top-notch testing facilities
Ready to get started? Get a quote today.