Carbon Paste Continuous Kneader
The B&P Littleford CK-CP Series Continuous Kneader for Carbon Paste is a rotating and reciprocating single-screw extruder designed for efficient mixing of green anode paste at high throughputs. The flights on the Kneader screw are interrupted and interact with three rows of stationary kneading teeth located around and along the barrel wall.
The resulting intermesh weaving pattern between the moving flights and the stationary teeth promotes optimal dispersive mixing and distributive mixing by splitting, folding and reorienting the ingredients. This results in consistent and high quality anode paste due to superb distributive mixing of coke with pitch binder.
Key features and benefits of B&P Littleford Carbon Paste Kneader:
- Proven mixing mechanism and automatic mixing energy control results in consistently uniform high grade anode paste.
- B&P Littleford unique flight geometry provides for gentler mixing action to minimize attrition of coarse particles, resulting in optimal pitch consumption.
- Pitch injection through kneading tooth prevents formation of paste lumps and minimizes pitch consumption. Also, volatile emissions to upstream equipment are minimized as a result.
- Lowest cracking rate during baking due to optimum pitch in green anode.
- Fewer return butts due to equal anode consumption in the pot room.
- Lower consumption of carbon per ton of aluminum produced.
- High specific output per machine size and high machine availability.
- Improved price/performance ratio through compact machine design.
- Low installation and operation costs due to operational efficiency of mixing process.
- Lower maintenance cost due to optimally designed wear-resistant segmented process parts, easier serviceability and shorter maintenance interruptions.
- Specially adapted upstream preheating equipment enhances our offering.
- B&P Littleford’s enhanced process control system complements the Carbon Paste Kneader by providing all control and visualization functions to control, regulate and monitor any process problems in real time.
The Carbon Paste Kneader control system is operated through clearly arranged touch display and membrane keyboard HMI.
The entire automation system allows for:
- Automatic control of mixing energy being imparted to the paste by continuously modulating the (flap die) discharge gates.
- Failsafe interlocking of various auxiliary units, main drive, and plant upstream and downstream equipment, for effective plant control.
- Large view of selectable running data using trends representation
- Fault message system with visual representation and archiving
- Convenient operating help in clear text
- Graphic and tabular representation
- Multi-step login
- Language change-over options
- Recipe management of essential process parameters
The control system is usually tailored to integrate the upstream and downstream components and provide seamless control of the paste mixing section to the SCADA control room.Let's Connect!
Sample Applications of B&P Carbon Paste Kneader:
B&P Littleford’s exclusive range of CK-CP series Continuous Kneaders for carbon paste mixing exemplifies our commitment to enabling higher productivity, lower downtime and outstanding reliability. With years of extensive machine and process knowledge and specialized know-how, B&P Littleford prides itself on catering to the aluminum industry with the best-in-class mixing equipment, long-term partnership and rapid and responsive service.
Request a quote to discover why global high-performance aluminum smelters prefer our CK-CP Continuous Kneaders for their Carbon Paste mixing needs.