Horizontal Clamshell Cooler
B&P Littleford LR Series Coolers are available in 700 to 8000 liter sizes. These range from lab mixers to production size. The mixers use a mechanical heat transfer plow flow action to mix and keep material turning.
With a specially designed 90 PSI jacket, cold water flows through efficiently yielding fast cool times. PVC compounds are cooled down from 230° F to 120°F in minutes depending on formulations.
Design features and options include:
- Our specially designed heat transfer plows and the high efficiency jacket achieve superior thermal transfer.
- All Coolers are constructed with a 304 stainless steel drum and blades.
- Flush bottom discharge for complete clean out.
- Lid opens vertically for wide open end to end clean out.
- Temperature monitoring thermocouple.
- Double batch capabilities.
- Other options available to customize to your needs.
B&P Littleford has supplied thousands of these units to the Plastic and Chemical industries for mixing PVC, Polyolefin, Thermoplastics, Wood Composites, Color Concentrates, Pigments and Toner Powder. Request a quote to learn how we can help you with your unique mixing application